Table Tennis!
Okay okay, so I said I wouldn't update unless I was in class. Well...I sure feel like I'm in class right now. In fact, I'd RATHER be in class right now. Working on my stupid taxation assignment. I HATE policy essays okay!!! Call me apathetic but I don't CARE how the law impacts on others. Okay okay...I suppose I do...but I don't care ENOUGH to go exploring exactly how it impacts. Anyways, ARGH. I wish this were more of a hypothetical, which to me is more practical. Not to mention it takes a hell of a lot shorter time to complete. And I usually really get into the swing of things. I mean...how often does one get excited doing assignments? Well this happens pretty often when I'm actually applying the law to a problem.
So yeah...my point being...despite my intention not to blog except for boring class days, I have lost the battle because I couldn't find anything else online to read. I mean reading more news when my head is already full of policy arguments isn't exactly my idea of clearing my mind right now. And YOU GUYS have not been updating your blogs enough!!! (Okay okay...neither has yours truly but....argh)
And Allen was such a meanie last night. I haven't seen him on line for AGES and when I finally see him last night he ditches me right after telling me he was relaxing ('cos my first qn was are you busy and hence going to go off soon. I mean I know he's been busy hence lack of blog updates), ostensibly 'cos I told him I was distracting myself from my assignment by chatting to him. I mean...he just scooted, w/out letting me even respond to his farewell! A bit dissed Allen, yes, quite a bit. :(
Anyways, other than procrastinating, I went to the table tennis quarter finals on Friday! Also managed to catch the mixed doubles semi-finals where it was sin v sin and sin v aus. And since Singapore beat Aus we were guaranteed gold and silver! And then we beat Aus in the bronze match to complete the hat trick. It was quite funny 'cos the sin v sin match was right in front of me and it was like, a typical practice round. There weren't even coaches at the sides to give tips. They probably already planned who would go through to the finals in case the aus team won the other semis and made it to the finals.
Anyways the highlights were my friend and I took pictures w/ each of the 4 female players! Sorry lah...but don't really care about the guys. Come on they kept losing to India! (Nothing personal against India but...heh...they don't exactly feature prominently in TT do they?) It was quite easy to get them to pose w/ us 'cos there weren't that many people on our side of the competition hall 'cos all the Aussies were situated on another side, and also all the players had to walk past our aisle to get to their seats. Heh! Plus we were seated right in front so it was ultra easy to get the pics. And the best thing is the tickets were only $20, so the games were really accessable to the public.
Last thing is, Singapore and Malaysia are both sitting in 10th position w/ 4 golds each. As singapore is guaranteed a gold in the women's doubles tonight (or was it singles I can't remember...anyway we are guaranteed a gold), as long as Malaysia doesn't get a gold today (today being the last day of the Games), we were going to push them off the top 10 HAHA! Hmm...I don't know what it's like in NUS, but somehow when you study overseas Singaporeans and Malaysians like to joke about beating each other, it's like...part of our friendship or something I don't know. But yeah we actually get along best with each other, say compared to Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam etc....although it's pretty obvious why. My point is...there really isn't a rivalry b/n the two countries, except on a political level.
Okay...back to moping over my essay....
So yeah...my point being...despite my intention not to blog except for boring class days, I have lost the battle because I couldn't find anything else online to read. I mean reading more news when my head is already full of policy arguments isn't exactly my idea of clearing my mind right now. And YOU GUYS have not been updating your blogs enough!!! (Okay okay...neither has yours truly but....argh)
And Allen was such a meanie last night. I haven't seen him on line for AGES and when I finally see him last night he ditches me right after telling me he was relaxing ('cos my first qn was are you busy and hence going to go off soon. I mean I know he's been busy hence lack of blog updates), ostensibly 'cos I told him I was distracting myself from my assignment by chatting to him. I mean...he just scooted, w/out letting me even respond to his farewell! A bit dissed Allen, yes, quite a bit. :(
Anyways, other than procrastinating, I went to the table tennis quarter finals on Friday! Also managed to catch the mixed doubles semi-finals where it was sin v sin and sin v aus. And since Singapore beat Aus we were guaranteed gold and silver! And then we beat Aus in the bronze match to complete the hat trick. It was quite funny 'cos the sin v sin match was right in front of me and it was like, a typical practice round. There weren't even coaches at the sides to give tips. They probably already planned who would go through to the finals in case the aus team won the other semis and made it to the finals.
Anyways the highlights were my friend and I took pictures w/ each of the 4 female players! Sorry lah...but don't really care about the guys. Come on they kept losing to India! (Nothing personal against India but...heh...they don't exactly feature prominently in TT do they?) It was quite easy to get them to pose w/ us 'cos there weren't that many people on our side of the competition hall 'cos all the Aussies were situated on another side, and also all the players had to walk past our aisle to get to their seats. Heh! Plus we were seated right in front so it was ultra easy to get the pics. And the best thing is the tickets were only $20, so the games were really accessable to the public.
Last thing is, Singapore and Malaysia are both sitting in 10th position w/ 4 golds each. As singapore is guaranteed a gold in the women's doubles tonight (or was it singles I can't remember...anyway we are guaranteed a gold), as long as Malaysia doesn't get a gold today (today being the last day of the Games), we were going to push them off the top 10 HAHA! Hmm...I don't know what it's like in NUS, but somehow when you study overseas Singaporeans and Malaysians like to joke about beating each other, it's like...part of our friendship or something I don't know. But yeah we actually get along best with each other, say compared to Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam etc....although it's pretty obvious why. My point is...there really isn't a rivalry b/n the two countries, except on a political level.
Okay...back to moping over my essay....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home