Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I give up

Okay okay. I give up.

Not only am I not wireless right now, I'm also not in class. In fact it is 10 at night, but here I am. I guess I was never meant to be a once a week blogger.

Anyway, I am very happy now! I don't really know why. I suppose it's hormonal but I'd better drown in my happiness while I can.

Yesterday and today I was helping out at the uni's Careers Fair. Did mundane stuff like giving out flyers. Today was a little better though 'cos I got people to do a survey of the fair and I chatted to them just to while away the time. It's amazing how much people talk when it comes to Careers. Like all their concerns and fears come out. Interesting. And I guess there is a common topic to help bond w/ a complete stranger. I was also reminded that I definitely need to do a job where I deal with people and get to talk w/ lots of different people otherwise I will die of boredom.

I'm very far behind on job applications. And maybe I'm stupid to be so oblivious to the fact that I should be getting on with job/vacation scheme/internship applications, but hey...no point getting worked up over it right?

Besides I've believed for a long time that whatever happens things will work out. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. So maybe I may not really know what life would be like if I had to completely support myself in all areas of life, but I just believe that if such a time came, I would know what to do, even if it means tripping over myself first. And maybe people might say I can only say this because financially speaking I'm pretty privileged. Yes I agree, but I also do know that I'm not THAT financially privileged. I can't just throw myself in a LAZIBOY and chill. I just figure if it ever came down to it, I'd just crawl around until I learn to walk. I mean how bad can it be? At worse I live in a rented one room flat and share it w/ some other poor fella and work the whole day right? I mean...I think at the very least I have a good head on my shoulders so I should get a decent job. And certainly the degree will help.

Heh. Words of a person who does not know what she wants to do. Well...actually I do have a few preferences. Unfortunately option no. 1 does not go well w/ a law degree, although a law degree itself isn't too irrelevant. If I had known on hindsight what I would enjoy in life, then well...I would have gone to the US and done a degree majoring in econs and finance. But I can't change things. And I suppose there is still a Masters. Except if I wanted to do a masters I'd want to go to the US to do it. And I CAN'T FREAKING AFFORD IT. So there. Maybe in 5 years after I have painstakingly scrimped and saved huh?

Anyways, deadlines loom, but while I am not doing anything about that, I also want to hurry things up. I WANT TO GRADUATE ALREADY DAMN IT! I want to move on to the next phase of my life. Maybe it's not work, but more school, I don't care I just don't want to repeat another semester w/ the same routine again!!! ARGH. It's always, come back to uni, do readings, join a different club/project/blah this sem, mid sem holiday assignment rush, study, exam. It's time to move on man. I realise that my whole life I've never been able to stand being in the same place for too long. I think the only time in my life that I wanted things to stay the same was in DHS. Boy...those were good times.

Remember our crazy can-collecting to prove to the school we could 'participate'? And how after all that we forgot about having to design something w/ cans. I think in the end Jean came up with a very last minute coke-can hangglider? I remember how Heidi and I brought 2 huge bags of cans to school on Sat and we wanted to stuff them in class only to realise the doors were locked, so we pulled out the window slats and threw the cans in. Or the time Wai and I were in one metal cupboard each changing out of our P.E. clothes during recess and when I peeked out there was this guy we didn't know changing behind the OHP screen, and I told Wai about it afterwards 'cos it was so funny 3 of us all changing at the same time and this guy had no clue Wai and I were in the classroom as well.

While I'm on memories let me run with it.

There was the time Sandra and I were so caught up w/ laughing about Li Jun's high-pitched laughter, that I imitated it twice and we were both completely engrossed w/ laughing that I didn't realise Val had walked in and I was holding the multi-coloured jelly in my hand. Remember how Val used to enforce the school rules strictly? So anyways I'm laughing my head off when Sandra starts giving me this choked look and waving her hands at my jelly and she KNOCKS IT OUT OF MY HAND so it flies, splayed all over the floor. And Val comes in and I start laughing hysterically on purpose, I get up and push Val all the way out of the class. Val was confused yeah, but the beauty is she was so tall she NEVER looked down so she never saw the jelly!!! HAHAHA. And after I had pushed Val to 3M/4M? I came back and the jelly was gone but there was this shaded patch on the floor where the jelly liquid had been. Boy that cracked me up. And you know what guys, unless Val reads this, w/h I don't think she tends to, she won't actually know it happened 'cos I never told her.

Then there was Mrs Shu. I remember how we weren't supposed to eat in class but Sandra always used to bring sliced apples. Then one day while we were having class Mrs Shu picked me to answer a question and I had to stand up and answer it and i had the whole slice in my mouth. So I pretended to cough and turned my head to the side to cough the slice out and hide it in my hand. And the whole time Sandra had this OH SHIT look on her face 'cos she could see everything from her side view. HAHA. I can't beleive Mrs Shu didn't see me do that!

And Eugene and Mrs Shu. HAHA. That was some funny relationship. I remember there was this time I didn't do my homework, but neither did Eugene. So as Mrs Shu was going around checking whether we had done our work I was trying to fill in as much blanks as possible. In the end I didn't fill in that much but because Mrs Shu had already looked at Eugene's work, w/h was, as usual, blank and she had made him stand up as punishment, she didn't have a problem w/ mine and walked by. I still remember Eugene's blur face. So cute!

And how Eisen used to carry his table out of class and do his test outside 'cos everyone was so noisy and he wanted to concentrate on his work.

And how Sandra once slept (maybe more) through a Maths test. And how she used to draw pics on her tests after she was done.

And how Heidi and I had to answer to Mdm Ong everytime Rae and San didn't come to choir!!!!!

And how Wai once wrote many 'moo' all over Justin's (?) school diary.

And how once during lit class (must have been in sec 3/4) Mr Kiw brought Zi Xiang out/in? 'cos he was bringing Zi Xiang around to talk about alternative career paths. I remember Zi Xiang once said something about Mr Kiw recommending a durian seller's job? Or did I remember wrong.

Yong Rui searching....and searching...and searching for his homework.

Mrs Teo's ever-changing moods.

That temp geog teacher's remark at Kenneth's medicine: "Is that Viagra?" and how we howled out the X-Files song and the teacher came back and said "what is that noise?" when there were NO OTHER CLASSES AROUND BUT OURS ANYWAY! Mr Ho was it?

Verbally attacking poor Miss Low....

Rae's COOL SCAR...courtesy of KT.

Leon's poor teeth...*pat pat*

Yiwen turning red when the girls sat facing the guys, even though they were way across the class. Times have changed huh? :)

Eileen getting mad at me for cussing at her....compare it w/ Eileen cussing like a natural now.

Debbie's broken test tube pieces musical instrument.

Yucheng creating some cool programme in the comps at the back of the class. Hmm...Yucheng and certain bad, disgusting habits....I HOPE those times have changed. Why did I go over to this house someone remind me? Eisen you were there right? Were we doing some project or something? Otherwise why was I there?

Xuan's ...and Eisen's frequent toilet trips...

San, Rae, Heidi and I singing..and singing....and singing...

Girls outside our class waiting for Justin and Jian.

The time Mr Kiw pointed at Eugene in front of the whole school while we were singing the national anthem and the shocked look on Eugene's face. Then Mr Kiw saying...THAT is the way we should sing. See how loudly Eugene was singing? PHEW...dodged a bullet there.

Yaoxiang's somehow successful debate crapping...

Rae's ass...and Rae w/ her skirt down...HAHAHA if anyone wants to know more you have to ask me privately...

Miss Low trying to bond by lunching w/ us....*creepy*

Antonia and Eileen arguing...fast-foward to VJ: Antonia and Eileen arguing.

Poking Eileen!

Eisen and Wai (I think) and I having to take typing lessons after school.

Poking Eileen!

Almost all of us in Bio Prac.

Poking Eileen!

Did I mention the time someone poked Eileen and I was directly in front of her face????? It was like epi-center of the earthquake okay. Literally like a super power - the sonic boom. I could feel the air vibrations and after that I was light headed and I coudn't hear properly.

The time it was chem and we told Eileen it was history and she came in late.

The SECOND time it was chem and we told Eileen it was history AND she came in late!!

Mrs Shu scolding Eileen for screaming instead of the people who poked her. Tee Hee.

Paul's mushroom head. Then again....is that just history or still the same?

Bill Clinton and Jian's alveolus(?)

Jackson's arm and the sit and reach apparatus.

Hmm...I think I've covered everyone in 3/4L...I'm sure I've missed out people in M.

I have memories of Paulene but mainly in NUS. Well actually there was this time I grabbed her school diary and ran w/ it and she was SOO angry and I couldn't understand why. :P

Jonathon...being sotong yes. But I guess I only knew you better in JC. When the two of us and Eileen had a long chat at the Marine Parade coffeeshop beside Denny's. Jonathan's slacker Treasurer job. Jonathon saying Mayonnaise was 'liquid fat' at Fish and Co. MY GOODNESS. Isn't that a GIRL'S line?

Nights of bridge. OH THOSE SUCKY SUCKY NIGHTS OF BRIDGE. WHY??? WHY?????

Allen and I leaving early 'cos we anticipated sucky sucky nights of Bridge. Or maybe Allen just wanted to sleep early...hmm....not sure.

Debbie and a tie incident she doesn't even remember!!!!!! Well basically I borrowed Deb's tie and after I was done I told her I was passing it to Anty and I washed myself of all responsibility then on. Then later getting a call at night from Deb saying the tie was spoilt and me arguing that it was no longer my responsibility. Then Deb's MUM COMING ON THE LINE and me arguing that it wasn't my fault!!!! Then Deb's Mum asking to speak to MY MUM who apologised and that made me SO MAD. But my Mum told me to just let it be 'cos she knew it wasn't my fault and I should just be polite to my elders. Screamed at Anty the next day and Anty paid for the new tie.

HH being so nice and remembering everybody's birthdays!!! And her *sheepish* look when she did something blur.

Mr Ng, Wai and I arguing over how one should do one's business. Something about how singing would help the process, and Mr Ng disagreeing.

Mr Tan (Physics) rambling on about stuff not on the syllabus.

Tyrannous Miss Lim who became sweet Mrs Tan.

Mrs Bok, Jian and a calculator.

Mr Nahar? Sorry..can't say much, he never thought me.

Mr Tan (Male Chinese) and Rainbow fish (me). ARGH! I can already imagine him making some joke about some poor person and him clapping his hands in glee.

Chen lao shi (Female Chinese...did I get her surname right?) and this story about how the made men eunuchs and where they kept the err...removed part as some superstitious thing.

Miss Lim and her chicken rice store! I think she also scotched taped someone's mouth before? Or something to do w/ the chalkboard duster?

Affective Education...

Mr Poh and his stupid filing system. And his TONNES of homework. 1K copying maths homework in the morning. 1L NOT copying homework in the morning and someone thinking it was unethical of us to be copying work.

Mrs Vicky Tan and....actually I don't know....but she was my favourite English teacher.

Oh no! I forgot the other english teacher we had. The one whose wedding we went to. Miss Tan? How come so many Tan's????? Or do I just remember everyone wrongly as a Tan?

How come it took me so many years to realise so many of our teachers were Tans????

Mrs Khoo Heidi's and my IRS teacher in charge who...together w/ others fell asleep during our presentation. I mean how can SHE fall asleep right? Our own supervisor!

Mrs Karen-Jalleh and her vest blouses.

Wai and I staying late after bio prac to see if we could see the chromosomes in the bio experiment.

Heidi and I leaving Home Economics cooking class early 'cos we mistakenly thought we had choir practice. Heh. Then we had to sheepishly come back and got to eat the teacher's french toast and tea instead 'cos there was no time left for us to cook.

Rae failing at folding in the butter to the mix for hard rock buns.

Justin supporting the girls during our constantly sad inter-class netball matches.

The one match we won! In a walkover!!!! Whoo hoo!

Aiyoh..so many memories. I'm sure there are many more but I should go do some reading now.

Will I look back at life now and think the same way of my uni life?

JC I mainly remember things to do w/ Anty and Eileen 'cos I retreated into a very small world. But uni..yeah...I think there will be good memories too...but somehow DHS ones will always be the best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

I really miss my primary school and DHS days, yah.

Yah. Miss Laura Tan became Mrs Chao. :)

I still remember how cheeky we all were. *happy smile* And the stuff you're talking about [those I was present for, or targets of, of course].

I remember off the top of my head, enjoying very much the massive DHS celebration where we had to sing national songs and stand around and the guys would scream the songs in enthusiasm. And long walks from DHS to Kallang Macs/KFC [free refill!] and to the MRT. And to that Kallang Macs. Hm.

And Arlena you and Eisen would rush off to eat Laska. And I would ALWAYS get my blouse stained with laksa stuff. :(

And Mrs Bok wanting to sack Kenneth/Eugene? from Volleyball, I don't remember.

And guys 'kai-ing' each other on birthdays, those immature little things.

And last minute presentations/assignments/CRPs/ERPs. HEE.

And NACTI, Pasir Ris, OBS camps.

8:24 PM  
Blogger SQ14 said...

i miss poking eileen..

wat is w/h?

yes mrs bok wanted to sack both of them, even when kenneth's not in vball?

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home