My last weekend in Melbourne
Just procrastinating before I step out and do some shopping. Probably window shopping more than shopping. Either I'm just damn unlucky or somehow the clothes in the stores looked better during exam period HAHA.
Was looking at Paulene's pictures on Flickr when I saw Paulene's comment on Allen's nice shirt and on closer perusal I realised that it should be the shirt he bought from the chocolate store at Swan Valley when on holiday in Perth! Right? Anyway, I could only see the word 'Sex' because it was so blatantly obvious, but I couldn't see the smaller words. Should be something to the effect of 'is better than chocolate' I guess.
Just 4.5 more days before I leave for Singapore. I've been constantly waking up sad for a number of consecutive nights already. Although I generally am feeling fine, my subconscious must be actually pretty sad if I keep waking up feeling down.
Yesterday I went w/ a friend I knew since first year who is trying to get PR here. She's from Mauritius so she's into French stuff, which was a boon since i finally got to go eat at this well-known French cafe I've always wanted to try. But I have to say the costs of a sandwich are more than the typical cost of cafe sandwiches here, as are the cakes. About $1-2 more. She also bought me a Krispy Kreme, which I unfortunately was not in the mood for at that moment, but she had postponed our lunch to about 1 hour later so I was so damn hungry that it was still a welcome snack.
I wanted to go do my visa Friday morning (my flight touches down Thu night) and get that out of the way asap, esp since I have to wait for the weekend to be over before I can go do it next on Monday. But the MAS people want me to come in for a contract briefing on Friday morning. Was originally Friday afternoon, but I don't know why they changed it. I'm not looking forward to that because I anticipate I'll have to dress at least semi-formally for the meeting and having not had time to adapt back to Singapore weather I foresee that I may not smell so good by the time I step into the MAS building. HAHA. Well maybe it will at least be cooler than if I went in the afternoon. Only thing is the US embassy doesn't do student visas after 12p.m. DUMB huh?
Again...out of point interjection but I can't believe I'm never coming back to Melbourne to LIVE. And I also can't believe I'm coming back to Singapore. I know it's only for a short while before I leave for my exchange but it feels different now. It feels like now I'm coming back to Singapore to live rather than for a holiday, and that Texas is the holiday, and that after that when I return to Singapore again it's just the continuation of my Singapore life. Which....obviously is kind of in amorphous state right now. Maybe that would have been the advantage of doing the practical legal diploma thing instead since the continuation of being a student would have kind of settled me in to Singapore life again. Instead I'll be returning from a very holiday mood in the US/Europe and suddenly be thrown into working life. My god. I wonder what the culture AND work shock is going to be like all thrown together. *smacks forehead*
Okay..I have to call home to check what my sis wants me to bring back. She wants me to bring back her bolster!!! Talk about $$$ fly just to ship certain things back. Grrrr...
And finally thanks for saying I look the same Paulene. I attribute it to the black shirt and the fact you really can only see my face. But the weighing machine doesn't lie, nor do the tightness of clothes (and I'm pretty sure they didn't shrink, at least not that sigificantly, since I didn't use the dryer). Also the fact is I don't tend to gain that much on my face and arms. Which means I tend to gain on my stomach and thighs (as do most women right? Okay...apparently not typical Singapore girls, at least not the thighs, or why do their legs tend to look like scrawny chicken's legs and mine don't?). HAHA. Nm...CURVES people, CURVES. :P
Was looking at Paulene's pictures on Flickr when I saw Paulene's comment on Allen's nice shirt and on closer perusal I realised that it should be the shirt he bought from the chocolate store at Swan Valley when on holiday in Perth! Right? Anyway, I could only see the word 'Sex' because it was so blatantly obvious, but I couldn't see the smaller words. Should be something to the effect of 'is better than chocolate' I guess.
Just 4.5 more days before I leave for Singapore. I've been constantly waking up sad for a number of consecutive nights already. Although I generally am feeling fine, my subconscious must be actually pretty sad if I keep waking up feeling down.
Yesterday I went w/ a friend I knew since first year who is trying to get PR here. She's from Mauritius so she's into French stuff, which was a boon since i finally got to go eat at this well-known French cafe I've always wanted to try. But I have to say the costs of a sandwich are more than the typical cost of cafe sandwiches here, as are the cakes. About $1-2 more. She also bought me a Krispy Kreme, which I unfortunately was not in the mood for at that moment, but she had postponed our lunch to about 1 hour later so I was so damn hungry that it was still a welcome snack.
I wanted to go do my visa Friday morning (my flight touches down Thu night) and get that out of the way asap, esp since I have to wait for the weekend to be over before I can go do it next on Monday. But the MAS people want me to come in for a contract briefing on Friday morning. Was originally Friday afternoon, but I don't know why they changed it. I'm not looking forward to that because I anticipate I'll have to dress at least semi-formally for the meeting and having not had time to adapt back to Singapore weather I foresee that I may not smell so good by the time I step into the MAS building. HAHA. Well maybe it will at least be cooler than if I went in the afternoon. Only thing is the US embassy doesn't do student visas after 12p.m. DUMB huh?
Again...out of point interjection but I can't believe I'm never coming back to Melbourne to LIVE. And I also can't believe I'm coming back to Singapore. I know it's only for a short while before I leave for my exchange but it feels different now. It feels like now I'm coming back to Singapore to live rather than for a holiday, and that Texas is the holiday, and that after that when I return to Singapore again it's just the continuation of my Singapore life. Which....obviously is kind of in amorphous state right now. Maybe that would have been the advantage of doing the practical legal diploma thing instead since the continuation of being a student would have kind of settled me in to Singapore life again. Instead I'll be returning from a very holiday mood in the US/Europe and suddenly be thrown into working life. My god. I wonder what the culture AND work shock is going to be like all thrown together. *smacks forehead*
Okay..I have to call home to check what my sis wants me to bring back. She wants me to bring back her bolster!!! Talk about $$$ fly just to ship certain things back. Grrrr...
And finally thanks for saying I look the same Paulene. I attribute it to the black shirt and the fact you really can only see my face. But the weighing machine doesn't lie, nor do the tightness of clothes (and I'm pretty sure they didn't shrink, at least not that sigificantly, since I didn't use the dryer). Also the fact is I don't tend to gain that much on my face and arms. Which means I tend to gain on my stomach and thighs (as do most women right? Okay...apparently not typical Singapore girls, at least not the thighs, or why do their legs tend to look like scrawny chicken's legs and mine don't?). HAHA. Nm...CURVES people, CURVES. :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home