Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Waiting to go to work

So as the title says, I'm just waiting before I head off for my work experience. Today I'm gonna watch an assault criminal trial. Nothing really special in itself 'cos I mean I've gone into the Supreme Court and watched criminal trials before so big fat deal, but this time I was allowed to read the witness statements yesterday and the barrister's friend, a DPP, is bringing me around. He told me to note how the witnesses statements will vary compared to their written statements. HAHA. But then again, the alleged offence took place 2 years ago; whose statement wouldn't vary?

Yesterday was also new in the sense that I actually got to watch the witnesses being briefed. I was a bit freaked though. I mean there I was in the interview room standing right beside some guy who had assaulted other people. I think he was convicted w/ affray in the end, which in a specific legal definition sense means little to me 'cos that's the old assault law so I didn't have to learn it in Criminal Law. But somewhere in the back of my mind me thoughts were something like "What if he suddenly panics? He could just whip out a knife and stab me!" although if I think about it he probably couldn't have brought a knife in due to security. But then anything can be a weapon nowadays.

But other than that, I think it'll be another *yawn* day, although the good thing is if it ends early I can go home early today too 'cos the barrister in charge isn't in (hence my following the DPP around).

Tomorrow at least will prove more interesting. I'm going to watch a mediation. Now that covers today and tomorrow with relatively interesting things. What happens to Friday??? Boredom again??? ARGH....

Okay....other than work. I just found out I got allocated all the US Open golf tickets I wanted. WHOO HOO!! Hee hee. Tiger here I come!

Went out for dinner w/ friends on Monday at some Turkish restaurant. OMG they gave SO MUCH FOOD it was CRAZY. And in the end all we paid was 8.90 each. We were so sick and stuffed at the end and one of my friends had to pack the food home to share w/ her friends just so we wouldn't feel bad about wasting all the food.

Yesterday I wasn't intending to go out for dinner but AFTER having eaten some bread for dinner (not too healthy in terms of getting all my nutrients I must admit) I suddenly felt like I just wanted to sit in a nice restaurant and have a good healthy meal, so on a whim my housemate and I decided to go to this stretch of restaurants about 1 road down from our place and had a grand dinner. I had baked mushrooms w/ rice (VERY VERY GOOD YUM) 'cos I was actually pretty full but I just wanted to go out somewhere, and my housemate had a chicken burger with chips (i.e. fries). HER BURGER WAS THE BIGGEST BURGER I HAD EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. My goodness. Two big chicken fillets stacked on one another, bacon and cheese melting on top w/ mayonnaise. LOTS of chips. When the plate came I remember my eyes just widening and myself thinking 'that is NOT our food, that is NOT our food....oh shit...it IS our food'. My friend couldn't finish it but she did a fair job of it and the waiter congratulated her for the effort she made. HAHA.

Tonight I'm going out w/ my YAA buddies. Man...money fly. Oh well...just about 7 days more before returning, if I don't spend now, then when?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home