Swimming is NOT a social sport
Just had an interesting encounter. I went to swim at my building's swimming pool and I was happily focussing on swimming (not that you really need much focus but what the hey) when some guy came along and to my horror joined me (damn him). In case you're wondering Melbourne for some reason has DAMN DAMN small swimming pools. I DON'T know WHY. Anyway, they're like only 10-15 m long and they can only fit 2 people at one time. Okay nm, no probs. You stay on your side, I stay on mine. I do my thing, you do yours. But nooo....he had to speak to me (I thought it was really strange actually the way he was sloooooowly paddling along so obviously he had already decided to speak to me) which is fine you know, we're sharing the swimming pool, it's a small space, let's just say hi, be polite and then go do our own thing. But no, he had to have a conversation. So I ended up swimming very slowly swimming and chatting. And I was just too damned polite to ignore him altogether esp since he was Singaporean and once you find that out it's like DAMN, there's that Singapore connection and you can't just ignore a person.
So anyway turns out he did poly and then came over to Mel U to do arts, and so he's already 24 this year, he's only in his first semester in mel U (although in 2nd year since he can transfer polytechnic points). Yeah. That's how much he talked. And whenever I ignored him and just concentrated on my swimming he just waited at the end of the pool so I could not pretend like we just never ended up meeting at the right time at the end of the pool. And the WORSE THING is that I forgot to bring my goggles. SO I could not actually swim properly and my eyes were a bit sore from the water plus don't forget I wear specs so I couldn't really see his face 100% clear to judge his character. Like pervert? Or just ultra friendly guy. Or just okay friendly guy who happened to notice I look Singaporean and wanted to strike up a conversation. I don't know.
I mean...okay he seemed an okay guy, but hey I went there to swim you know. I wanted to clear my mind, get my blood circulation going, get some endorphins. And I was NOT going to leave until I finished at least 30 min of exercise, not even if I was uncomfortable because I CAME FIRST. If anyone should leave it's YOU!
Anyways, I'm never going swimming in the late evenings again. I'll go in the afternoons when there doesn't seem to be anyone using the gym.
So anyway turns out he did poly and then came over to Mel U to do arts, and so he's already 24 this year, he's only in his first semester in mel U (although in 2nd year since he can transfer polytechnic points). Yeah. That's how much he talked. And whenever I ignored him and just concentrated on my swimming he just waited at the end of the pool so I could not pretend like we just never ended up meeting at the right time at the end of the pool. And the WORSE THING is that I forgot to bring my goggles. SO I could not actually swim properly and my eyes were a bit sore from the water plus don't forget I wear specs so I couldn't really see his face 100% clear to judge his character. Like pervert? Or just ultra friendly guy. Or just okay friendly guy who happened to notice I look Singaporean and wanted to strike up a conversation. I don't know.
I mean...okay he seemed an okay guy, but hey I went there to swim you know. I wanted to clear my mind, get my blood circulation going, get some endorphins. And I was NOT going to leave until I finished at least 30 min of exercise, not even if I was uncomfortable because I CAME FIRST. If anyone should leave it's YOU!
Anyways, I'm never going swimming in the late evenings again. I'll go in the afternoons when there doesn't seem to be anyone using the gym.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home