UTexas, Austin: So you want to be a Longhorn?
I've been readings people's blogs and hearing stuff. Seems people are applying for jobs and searching for pupillages already. And maybe I should care and should be doing that myself. Actually, I was supposed to be doing that last sem. But you know what...I don't care! Should I be caring? Am I being complacent or do I just really not care? I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't want to do law. But then again, there are other things I can appy for, like banks and stuff. So really...I COULD be doing something. I'm just not. MUAHAHAHAH
Right now all I care about is my exchange. And you know what...all those stories I hear about how I should be preparing for applications and interviews, well STUFF THAT. I don't believe I can't find a decent job even if I DON'T do it a whole year in advance. And if I end up in a lower paying job I'll work my way out of it. After all my sis did it in just a year and so can I. :P At least I feel happy now. I don't need all this stupid application deadlines to get me down.
Anyway, I just got back my results and while one particular subject was quite disappointing since I expected much better from it; this plus the HORRIBLE WORST exam I ever had was okay enough (although it now stands as my worse score in law school to date) that my other 2 subjects that I did well for just managed to offset the damage that the 2 badly scored subjects did. Like literally just 1 point better for the 2 well-scored subjects to offset the damage of the 2 badly-scored subjects. For those who are scratching their heads this basically means I JUST make my 70 average which I need for exchange. And apparently, a 70 in Mel U is an A in some US unis. ???? Maybe the really bad unis. HAHA. I don't know. Some tutor said that. But that was for commerce I think.
Anyway, the short of it all is: Next year I could be studying in Texas!!!! Or Virginia, or Durham...whichever. But Texas would be the best!!! PLEASE PLEASE give me Texas. Look at me! Don't I look like the All-Star American?? Okay...we know I'm probably the complete opposite of that but oh well...let me just stay on a high for a while.
Right now all I care about is my exchange. And you know what...all those stories I hear about how I should be preparing for applications and interviews, well STUFF THAT. I don't believe I can't find a decent job even if I DON'T do it a whole year in advance. And if I end up in a lower paying job I'll work my way out of it. After all my sis did it in just a year and so can I. :P At least I feel happy now. I don't need all this stupid application deadlines to get me down.
Anyway, I just got back my results and while one particular subject was quite disappointing since I expected much better from it; this plus the HORRIBLE WORST exam I ever had was okay enough (although it now stands as my worse score in law school to date) that my other 2 subjects that I did well for just managed to offset the damage that the 2 badly scored subjects did. Like literally just 1 point better for the 2 well-scored subjects to offset the damage of the 2 badly-scored subjects. For those who are scratching their heads this basically means I JUST make my 70 average which I need for exchange. And apparently, a 70 in Mel U is an A in some US unis. ???? Maybe the really bad unis. HAHA. I don't know. Some tutor said that. But that was for commerce I think.
Anyway, the short of it all is: Next year I could be studying in Texas!!!! Or Virginia, or Durham...whichever. But Texas would be the best!!! PLEASE PLEASE give me Texas. Look at me! Don't I look like the All-Star American?? Okay...we know I'm probably the complete opposite of that but oh well...let me just stay on a high for a while.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home