Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Do not look at local food blogs when you are overseas

I made the classic mistake of looking at local food blogs and now I miss Singapore! GRrr...DAMN. Stupidity.

And what did I have for lunch when comparing w/ all that food I saw online? Okay fine, it wasn't that bad. I've been craving for jap curry don but I could never find just the right flavour, which is kind of weird since I never ate jap curry rice till I came to Melbourne so really what is the RIGHT flavour? For some reason I just knew what it is supposed to taste like, but after a few attempts at different eateries here I was starting to wonder if I was just wrong and maybe jap curry rice was supposed to taste unsatisfactory. Until today! When I tried Yoyogi at Swanston. I had walked by it a no. of times but never went in. So took away the jap curry rice, which was going at $6.50, which is very decent here. Add that to the fact that I split my meals into 1/2 when I do takeaways and that makes the pricing more reasonable.

Okay so it does not look very pretty. I was already 1/2 way eating it when I realised I had forgotten to take a picture of the food in the package it came in. :P
















Anyway, you know exam period is coming when you seriously start thinking of starting your own food blog. Although my food will never look as presentable as that found on food blogs 'cos I'm always taking away. It's pretty tough to eat outside by yourself and not be able to share your meal. Such a waste of $$$ when the meal can be eaten twice.

I've been walking around to quite a no. of parks too. I really should put up all the pics of the places I've been. Meanwhile, I'll put up the cheesecake crepe I had from Melbourne Central's Ichiban crepe shop which I mentioned on my MSN a while ago. Too bad the cheesecake is not that obvious. I wasn't about to unwrap the crepe just to show the cheesecake.



I just realised I can't really blog about food. Maybe I can put pictures up but I'm too lazy to describe the food. All I can think of for the crepe was the crepe was too sweet for my liking (it's just me okay, I'm actually not too big on sweet stuff) and since I'm not too big a fan of cream the massive helping of cream doesn't help the crepe. The only really good think I liked about it was the cheesecake. Which brought me to my conclusion that I might as well just have bought a cheesecake!! HAR HAR HAR. But I'm sure that if you were a dessert person you would have absolutely loved it. Despite my penchant for savoury stuff, it really was pretty good overall. There were also blueberries and strawberries inside. However because of the massive helping of cream I wouldn't go back. If I do it might be for their savoury crepes instead eg. chicken crepe, tuna crepe.

More food! For those wondering, this is what Krispy Kremes look like:


As you can see from the original glazed, they look different from the usual donuts because of the glazed texture. I have to say I don't like normal donuts but KK originals are acceptable. I hate the rough texture of normal donuts. But one KK by itself is VERY VERY filling. You can have one for lunch and you won't feel hungry for a long while.

Okay, I really should get back to studying :( It's very disheartening when you finished going through one subject (okay okay albeit kind of superficially but STILL) and you do a question w/ friends and realise you can 'kind of' remember a case but really you can't. :(

Oh and I got my acceptance to Texas!!!!! TEXAS HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the exchange acceptance!! :) Anyway...erm...I don't think you're exactly cut out to be a food blogger lah yah, judging from the stuff you've put up here (or not). The pics were not bad, although I must say the donuts don't look very special...are they really that good? - Rae

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home