Sunday, July 16, 2006

Birthday plans

I don't get people. Why don't they want to try new things? See I was gonna go golf on my birthday, and I wasn't really in the mood to go by myself. Unlike most things in life that I like doing alone, golf isn't one of them. I guess it's because I've never played on a course by myself so my idea of fun on a course involves people, friends etc. I so enjoyed playing with Eileen last time at Tanglin executive course (contrary to the name, it's not some high class golf course, it just means all the holes are par 3). I remember that was her first time playing on a course and how she was so adamant about following the rules and counting propertly. I thought it was pretty hilarious and amusing because I was like that my first proper time playing on a course too. Which ended up making me frustrated. But that's the mentality one has when one first plays on a course. HAHA. It's only later that you learn to just enjoy the game and focus on improving before you focus on keeping score.

So anyway I was gonna go with 3 other people. Unfortunately, one can't make it back to Melb in time, the other was more like a filler and the last, YH, isn't too keen. But I don't get it. I mean...if you've never tried something before, and it's not like a long term committment, it's just a few hours (and only 9 holes not to mention, not 18), don't you want to just give it a go? I understand that golf has a reputation as an old man's game etc, etc, but until you've tried it how will you really know? It's one thing to watch golf, another thing altogether to play it. It's like how I don't like playing basketball but I like watching the NBA. Two different experiences altogether.

If someone gave me a chance to go play cricket now I'd go even though I think the game is mighty dull. And not to mention I'm free now, so all the more I might as well give it a whirl? Yes no? Anyway...

So my current plan is to go for dinner at Taco Bill (this mexican place) and then maybe catch a movie. The Taco Bill thing is pretty much fixed, the movie I'm not sure. Probably depends on whether there is a movie to watch in the first place.

Any ideas of things to do on one's birthday people? Preferably something that involves a group of people and not just a single person thing??

Managed to tick off something from my 'Things to do before leaving Melbourne' list: ate the pumpkin and spinach pizza at this cafe that I've been eyeing for a might long time. And after imagining the burst of flavours that would come from it...it wasn't all that great. Such are the misleading powers of one's imagination....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home