The next time you see me TELL me if I look bigger. Don't be afraid, I won't bite
Okay, I've never been one to care much about gaining weight. I pretty much eat what I want. And I'm not one of those girls who orders a salad, or tries to eat less.
But this is ridiculous. Apart from my bread binge the other day, I also ate a whole box of Pot Pan crackers (biscuits? I'm not sure what they are) in one sitting, a few days later I ate a whole pack of short finger biscuits (read = lots of butter goes into making these things) each smoothered with lots and LOTS of nutella. And to top it all of, I eat these things after eating a perfectly filling dinner/lunch. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? I mean I'm not hungry, in fact i feel outright full (although not bursting), but my mind just says, eat lah. The thing is while studying, when I get bored I'll take a walk outside, but then after returning and studying again...I'll get bored (usually just one hour later) and I can't go out and walk around and see the SAME things AGAIN. And I don't feel like watching TV, and I've exhausted all the blogs I can exhaust, so then I'm only left w/ eating right??? Any ideas anyone? Something else I can do. And no I don't want to read a book, even if it is not for studying purposes. Ooooh maybe I should write in my journal. I haven't touched it for months. But then I need to be in the mood for journalling, if not it becomes just a log of daily events instead which bores myself even while I'm writing it.
Anyway, the worse exam was over yesterday.
The Good: had the exam venue in the law school for once (versus the general exam building the uni uses w/h is cold and the tables are small which is bad when open book and lots more people doing other exams so noisier and you can feel greater tension). The law school instead meant I had a loooooooooooong table (given everyone shares the same looooooooong desk really) where I could spread out all my notes, I had very comfy, big chairs will wheels, and it was nice and warm. Just right.
The bad: To summarise, too much info to digest in one sitting (thank god for the long tables), lots of flipping pages to organise thoughts in my head, me trying to make eye contact w/ the assistant lecturer to signal to her 'Are you nuts???!!!! What F-ing type of paper is this???' but failing to catch her eye, having the guy beside you TAKE OUT HIS BAG OF NUTS AND DRIED FRUITS AND START EATING (which is fine except the sound of the nuts cracking in his mouth are damn distracting!), and ultimately ending up in the toilet overhearing other students saying they want to write to the lecturer to petition for a more fair grading system because the exam was just too much. HAHA. Well it was the first time they held this subject so I guess they didn't judge too well on how to set their papers. But really, an exam usually cuts out a few topics, this exam tested us on ALL the topics minus one. AND just the first question (out of 3) already required all these topics, and I mean detailed coverage, not just one short dismissal of 'this is not an issue here' lines. A case of the lecturer being too eager to cover everything????? Ridiculous.
But strangely I went in kind of in a surreal state of mind. It was like my body hadn't accepted that my first exam was actually about to start. Maybe it's partly 'cos I was in a new exam location from all my previous years. But I left it not really feeling like I just finished an exam either. And even now, although there is some relief that it's over, it's like...just move on to the next subject lor. I even started studying for the next subject last night (okay...the exam IS tomorrow) and usually I still won't do anything the night after an afternoon exam. So yeah, even though I do think the exam was quite unfair, at the same time it doesn't bother me 'cos I dont' feel like I even took an exam.
In any case, goodbye to (yes Paul) fixed and floating charges and secured and unsecured creditors (unless I fail...in which case I wouldn't do the subject again anyway!!!)
Okay...off to read up on Trust Accounting in Legal Ethics!
But this is ridiculous. Apart from my bread binge the other day, I also ate a whole box of Pot Pan crackers (biscuits? I'm not sure what they are) in one sitting, a few days later I ate a whole pack of short finger biscuits (read = lots of butter goes into making these things) each smoothered with lots and LOTS of nutella. And to top it all of, I eat these things after eating a perfectly filling dinner/lunch. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? I mean I'm not hungry, in fact i feel outright full (although not bursting), but my mind just says, eat lah. The thing is while studying, when I get bored I'll take a walk outside, but then after returning and studying again...I'll get bored (usually just one hour later) and I can't go out and walk around and see the SAME things AGAIN. And I don't feel like watching TV, and I've exhausted all the blogs I can exhaust, so then I'm only left w/ eating right??? Any ideas anyone? Something else I can do. And no I don't want to read a book, even if it is not for studying purposes. Ooooh maybe I should write in my journal. I haven't touched it for months. But then I need to be in the mood for journalling, if not it becomes just a log of daily events instead which bores myself even while I'm writing it.
Anyway, the worse exam was over yesterday.
The Good: had the exam venue in the law school for once (versus the general exam building the uni uses w/h is cold and the tables are small which is bad when open book and lots more people doing other exams so noisier and you can feel greater tension). The law school instead meant I had a loooooooooooong table (given everyone shares the same looooooooong desk really) where I could spread out all my notes, I had very comfy, big chairs will wheels, and it was nice and warm. Just right.
The bad: To summarise, too much info to digest in one sitting (thank god for the long tables), lots of flipping pages to organise thoughts in my head, me trying to make eye contact w/ the assistant lecturer to signal to her 'Are you nuts???!!!! What F-ing type of paper is this???' but failing to catch her eye, having the guy beside you TAKE OUT HIS BAG OF NUTS AND DRIED FRUITS AND START EATING (which is fine except the sound of the nuts cracking in his mouth are damn distracting!), and ultimately ending up in the toilet overhearing other students saying they want to write to the lecturer to petition for a more fair grading system because the exam was just too much. HAHA. Well it was the first time they held this subject so I guess they didn't judge too well on how to set their papers. But really, an exam usually cuts out a few topics, this exam tested us on ALL the topics minus one. AND just the first question (out of 3) already required all these topics, and I mean detailed coverage, not just one short dismissal of 'this is not an issue here' lines. A case of the lecturer being too eager to cover everything????? Ridiculous.
But strangely I went in kind of in a surreal state of mind. It was like my body hadn't accepted that my first exam was actually about to start. Maybe it's partly 'cos I was in a new exam location from all my previous years. But I left it not really feeling like I just finished an exam either. And even now, although there is some relief that it's over, it's like...just move on to the next subject lor. I even started studying for the next subject last night (okay...the exam IS tomorrow) and usually I still won't do anything the night after an afternoon exam. So yeah, even though I do think the exam was quite unfair, at the same time it doesn't bother me 'cos I dont' feel like I even took an exam.
In any case, goodbye to (yes Paul) fixed and floating charges and secured and unsecured creditors (unless I fail...in which case I wouldn't do the subject again anyway!!!)
Okay...off to read up on Trust Accounting in Legal Ethics!
4 Comments:
eating's allowed in exam hall? cool..
Sigh. I have the same problem. Been sitting around on my ass writing a lot these last few weeks. Nothing much I can say, other than stock your fridge with healthier stuff? :p Fruit sticks and stuff. Putting a huge bottle of water beside me and sipping at it at intervals instead of eating something also seems to work. And you can take a break and stretch your legs out and go to the loo every hour or so too!
sigh. i'm still wallowing in those terms arlena. care to give me tuition? lol.
i'm paul, something wrong can't put my name there :( as in the above post is mine!
Post a Comment
<< Home