Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Another unfulfilled sleep fest

Yes. I could just drag myself to bed now and enter into deep slumber. (okay actually I wouldn't be able to 'cos I need to bathe first or all I can't imagine sleeping UGH, but AFTER that).

But again I face the age old problem of having other things to do, and slapping myself for not doing it now. Plus the fact that it is only 8.08 p.m. Am I getting old or what????

I have the desire to do the work, but the fatigue is holding me back. Skipped tutoring today 'cos I still have a sore throat and not only would I not enjoy croaking away at the kids, but I also am coughing a little and I wouldn't want to spread whatever it is I have to them.

Went for the law faculty exchange information session today. I'm starting to think it's going to be tough to go overseas, but hopefully, based on the showing of people today, I will have less competition. Then again there probably are many out there who just didn't show. ARGH. It appears there is a possibility of an exchange agreement w/ the University of Washington. Now THAT I REALLY would look forward to. I had better write to them and confirm. The exchange people said that the uni has said law students could TECHNICALLY apply, but that no one has actually applied there yet. So....maybe I'll be the first then. Maybe the fact that no one else has previously applied gives me a higher chance since everyone else will be racing off to Duke and Virginia and whatever. And if all else fails there is always Uppsala. WHAT THE you must be asking? Well it's some uni in Norway I think. Can't remember. But it has come to represent all unis in Europe to me. Don't ask me why. I just had a good conversation w/ the lady at the Uppsala booth the other day at the exchange fair. HAHAHA. If you ask me it sounds like the name of some animal, like some Llama related thing.

Today there was some mini protest thing I suppose about the government increasing the fees of local students again. I'm not too sure. Anyway there was one point this girl was using the microphone to day, 'I just found out that 70% of students don't eat breakfast before coming to uni. I am absolutely appalled. It just shows the level of poverty...' And I was like WHAT? That's a pretty sweeping statement. Lots of people just don't eat breakfast because they can't wake up earlier to eat it before coming to class. Or it's just not their habit. And here she goes turning it into some poverty thing. I mean sure, probably some of the students really can't pay for it, but to assume that such a large no. comes solely or primarily due to student poverty is itself appalling. Anyway, she then interviewed some bloke who didn't have breakfast and she was like 'let's ask him why' and he said well...he had to wake up at 7.30 for his class....blah blah. I didn't hear. But it just sounded funny to me. Sounded like he was going to laugh at her and just tell everyone how his morning went dull detail by dull detail. HAHA. I walked off since I had to rush off for something. But it became hilarious instead of something that I would feel concerned about.

Okay. I really should get back to my Taxation readings. I've got lots of weeks to catch up on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

*taptap*

1. See the doctor already! What if you have a bacterial infection? Wouldn't it be nice to take some antibiotics? :) :)

2. Good luck with your exchange. Don't know why people who go on exchange are so brave, but update us on how it goes!

3. Ooh. *patpat* I haven't been running for 3 weeks now, and it's a sucky feeling. But you know you should let your body rest completely okay? 15km is a pretty good distance! :) :)

4. That's a pretty shallow/odd piece of comment by that "70% non-breakfasters" girl.

5. Can't think of anymore, but wah piang your unit names always fail to excite me. *chuckles*

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home