Friday, May 12, 2006

Dreams

I've had weird dreams the past 2 days. With completely opposite results. I used to think that when I have really weird dreams which I remember, I would wake up late. Well last night I slept at 2 past and I awoke at 8.30a.m. There goes that theory. But the day before I had a long weird dream and I woke up at 11.30p.m., w/h for early bird me is a huge feat.

Anyway, yesterday's dream was about a primary school friend (who I have not talked to/heard about (yes about, not from) since primary school) and he passed away (I don't know how, it was just a given in the dream). Before he died he had placed dominoes all over his house, and he had a whole range of cool domino patterns and ideas, like how one domino would hit a button that would cause toy cars to run and squeeze in between narrow spaces, calculated just right, and then set off the net set of dominoes. Well the dream just went on and on; at one scene, there were even pots and pans at the bottom of his swimming pool that, spurred on by some momentum somewhere, were acting like dominoes themselves, one pan knocking the next until they finally knocked the next set of dominoes somewhere and caused them to fall. Very strange. And of course the house, wasn't really his house because, unless I have ESP and he suddenly became filthy rich, he used to stay in a HDB flat. Maybe the dominoes comes from V for V but I watched that a while ago. Anyway.

Today's dream (the one that has me up now at 8.50 am despite a late night) was a mix of a dream I'd had before (although altered), and one I don't remember ever having.

It's Christmas and something happens before the part I remember. It has to do with relatives I think. Anyway I help my friend (this guy from college) by pretending to be married (don't ask me why, I hardly even talk to this guy, subconsious thoughts?) to him so that he can get some discount off some holiday at the tour agency. This is the part of the dream I'd had before. Except last time it went smoothly. This time the tour agents were suspicious because we looked too young to be married. And my friend got nervous when I chit-chatted w/ the agents who were asking me seemingly innocuous questions to try to call my bluff, but I was doing fine. He was nervous anyway and he kept making mistakes signing the cheque for the deposit. Finally they said we were okay to go, but we had to come back, either separately or together next time to sign the next document for who knows what. Anyway, he very rudely said yep we would come separately next time w/o consulting me 'cos he was angry with me for some reason (probably didn't trust that I could talk to the agent w/o messing something up). And then after we left I told him I wasn't going to come next time and I didn't care if he couldn't go on his holiday because I was appalled with the way he was acting. And it certainly wasn't MY fault he got nervous about the whole thing. And even if it were, he asked me for help, not vice versa, and here I am on Christmas wasting my time to help him and I don't even get a whisper of thanks. Anyway he still refuses to apologise or say thanks for my help and I just walk away.

So now I have to go to lunch with my family. I reach the restaurant and just as I arrive my Dad walks out of the room he booked to check if I'm there yet, so perfect timing. I 1/2 wonder whether this is just an immediate family lunch or relatives I've never seen before (happens sometimes 'cos my relatives are scattered everywhere, w/ few in Singapore). And yep, there are relatives I had no clue existed. One of them shockingly, is one of the kids in the Homework Club I volunteer at. So they get very interested in me, and I'm forced to talk to them 'cos the only seat left was amongst them and not my family. And some fella with long hair (wanna be rocker dude all dressed in black) is jokingly sarcastic and I respond well in kind and he's impressed and suddenly I'm accepted as one of the group. And they sympathise w/ what just happend at the tour agency. And then I wake up, shocked that it's only 8.30a.m.

I won't even bother to analyse what the dreams mean. There's no point. I just accept that it's some part of my subconsiouse that is helping me release any tension, questions, desires I might have so I don't go crazy. Ever heard of the experiment they did with the cat where they woke it up everytime it was about to start dreaming in REM and in 10 days it went crazy? Well yeah...I figure dreams prevent madness.

1 Comments:

Blogger SQ14 said...

ooh i'd like to see how a crazy cat's like..

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home