Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Busy as a bee

My goodness. I've never felt so busy in my life.

Yesterday I went for my first meeting of the Young Achievement Australia where you set up a company with other people, get registered (although not as ltd/pty ltd) and then create your own product then market/sell it.

I am now the interim company secretary for one week (we're rotating) until week 4 where we will pick a permanent one. I guess that's the best position for me since I don't know anything to do with the other positions. Although it would be nice to help out with the finance division except that I seriously know nuts. Whereas the company secretary needs to take care of some legal aspects of things, in charge of shareholder records etc, which at least I get since I am right now doing Corporations Law. Was quite psyched when I looked at the manual for the programme and saw things like 'share buy back' and 'ASIC' (the Aus securities watch dog (I typed god by accident although I suppose 'watch god' would be appropriate too hmm....Then again I figure businesses manage to fudge some of their records even from ASIC so it's not really omniscient).

Anyway, came back late (thank god they put off the after meeting drinks to another day). Then studied. Gave up past 12 (gave up 'cos I didn't finish what I wanted) and instead of sleeping right after like I should have, I went to read a book instead (Autobiography of Malcolm X). ARGH. STUPID. Spent the whole morning in Taxation class stoning. Then spent Taxation tutorial after wondering how come everyone paid such good attention during the lecture. Then went to see Equity and Trusts lecturer to discuss my hypo and the coversation was going so well and the exchange topic came up so I asked her to be my referee and she agreed! Much earlier process than I expected. Anyways...spent a short bit of time after that reading the YAA manual and time passed so fast the equity and trusts student tutorial started and here I am with nary a break. And even when I do have breaks, I'm either eating or studying. I've NEVER worked so hard in my life. MY GOD.

Anyway, the reason I'm updating now is 'cos the tutorial isn't that useful (I've never attended one till today). I was hoping the guy would discuss a hypo and he's not.

Anyway while reading the YAA thing during the break, my friend called me (you reading this girl?) and asked me to go for this talk by some bigshot from MAS. I rsvped for only another talk on Thu, but they replied and HIGHLY recommended we attend today's as well. Wasn't intending to go but partly because my friend persuaded me and partly because I figured I should go (who knows, I might get a job HAHAHA) 'cos apparently there are hiring resource people there (which would probably affect being called for some interview on Fri...wah damn fast man) well...I'm going. Which throws out my intention to study Taxation tonight. ARGH. So I've decided to skip my Civil Litigation lecture later and go for the Thu one so I can get some studying done. It would defeat the purpose of getting referees for my exchange if I can't even obtain the min grade for exchange.

And all through this I have to think of a product/service I might want to create to market later for YAA. Any ideas anyone? HELP!!!

Oh yeah, and I have a taxation assignment due Monday :(

Eileen: I'm not so sure if that's their reason for it. I think it's more a case of how many people take the subject. The more people that take the subject the more likely the exam will end earlier. Unless they are a tiny class than sometimes it ends earlier too eg. honours, masters students. Also, the fact that law students tend to take a whole mishmash of subjects, like how due to stupid mid-year entry issues I'm doing a 2nd year subject next sem when it's my 4th year (HAHA how cool is that?), makes it unlikely that they can figure out who is doing what subject. I suppose for vet science it might be different 'cos you guys take set modules right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home