Friday, May 05, 2006

Yahoo and MAS interview SHOCK

Is it just me or is Yahoo not working for you guys too? Okay...obviously it's just me since I see all of you guys sending mail, but I can't ACCESS THE MAIL. ARGH. Damn irritating.

Anyway, I had a rather eventful day. As mentioned earlier I went for this talk on Tues by MAS, asked a fairly stupid qn about whether they hired law students and not just commerce people. Anyways, to rsvp for the talk, they asked you to send in your resume as well in case they wanted to call you for an interview. So I was thinking, just anyhow send my resume, I just want to go for the talk anyway, and the interview is probably for some senior position. So okay fine, sent, went for talk, forgot about it.

So today, I was busy doing my taxation assignment, when for some reason I can't recall I finally looked at my handphone (I tend not to look at it) and realise I have 4 missed calls, all the same singapore hp no. So wondering who in singapore would want to call me so desperately, and who was not my family, I thought just forget about it. After all can't be anything that impt if it's not family. But my friend happened to be on MSN and she offered to call to check for me since she's in Singapore. Turns out it WAS MAS. OH MY GOD. They wanted to interview me. OMG.

So I call back myself. Now when I finally speak to them it's 2.50pm. Apparently the calls were from a Singapore hp, but they were actually calls made in Melbourne (oops made my friend make overseas phonecall). Anyway, they ask me if I can come for an interview NOW, at 3.30p.m. And I'm like...okay I'll come but actually I'm freaking out 'cos I've done virtually NO research about the comp other than looking briefly at their website. And I haven't even thought about interview questions, what I can say, what I should ask. Okay nm. Just rush down to uni where they're holding the interview.

So just as the tram arrives at the uni, it starts RAINING. SHIT. In my rush I didn't grab my umbrella. So I run through the rain and arrive for the interview quite soaked. Luckily the interviewers (3 women) were pretty nice and offered me warm water and tissue. And since it was such a last minute interview they were nice about my voice not coming out too well 'cos dammit I was cold. So I hope I crapped well. Given I know little about the commercial world and finance I could only refer to stuff I had read about investments. Pity I couldn't ask questions about MAS specifically since I didn't know what the hell to ask. Like oh so how's your current policy going or something like that.

Had to run in the rain again to catch the tram back home. And now I'm back to doing my taxation assignment.

I guess at the least that was quite an experience. And it was pretty funny. Funny enough that I didn't have time to be nervous 'cos the whole situation was just amusing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Uh. Monetary Authority of Singapore?

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home