As your departure nears, I realise mine is nearing too
I always heard about how people tried to make the best of their last year in uni, and now I'm living it.
Not that I regret not doing more my past 3 years. I feel I've done a good amount in terms of taking opportunities in uni etc. But on the social scale, I've just never really been must of an outgoing person. I much prefer to do things myself. But living out of college, and having less friends to hang out with, and then having these friends graduating and leaving soon makes you work on a limited time schedule. It makes you want to rush to do everything you wanted to do before these people leave because you don't have any chances to enjoy a restaurant or a place with these people since they will be gone in a matter of weeks. And then of course, for myself I too want to go to these places. But these places will not be so enjoyable without the right company. And the problem with people like me is, I don't just go out with anybody. I only go outwith people I know for a significantly long time. If I do go out with someone I barely know it's probably because I feel obliged to. Sad, yes. But it's because I pick my friends carefully. So if I call you to ask you out...HAHA...it's kind of a privilege. Because it means you've gained my confidence and I treat you as part of my inner circle.
Anyway, Saturday night's steamboat was warm and cosy. 5 of us crowded around a small table, eating sukiyaki and finishing up with Vienetta. It's really these small gatherings, doing something typically Asian that makes one feel happy and contented.
Yesterday I had my YAA meeting. The company is really hitting its stride now after a bit of a slow start as we struggled to learn how to conduct efficient meetings and uncomitted members (it's difficult when unlike in JC or work there are no factors to push one to succeed (like CCA points or being fired) except one's own motivation). Now I am involved in both the awards for Company of the Year and the Annual Company Report award and the progress of the company has given me renewed desire to work hard on trying to achieve these awards. Unfortunately due to uni timetable clashes, I can only make the last 30 mins of our weekly 2 hour meeting from next week onwards. But I figure it should still be okay. At least I get updated at the last 1/2 hour and I can still do lots of stuff outside of the meeting, like sales, and the reports. At least I don't have to do minutes any more, which is quite a dull activity.
And since uni starts next week I need to go get my notes today and start doing some skimming through. For all I know I may need my lecturers to be my referees for work in future or whatever. I am not really looking forward to studying again..but I'm trying to see it as possibly my last semester studying in Mel U, so I should errr...embrace it? *puke puke* :P
Not that I regret not doing more my past 3 years. I feel I've done a good amount in terms of taking opportunities in uni etc. But on the social scale, I've just never really been must of an outgoing person. I much prefer to do things myself. But living out of college, and having less friends to hang out with, and then having these friends graduating and leaving soon makes you work on a limited time schedule. It makes you want to rush to do everything you wanted to do before these people leave because you don't have any chances to enjoy a restaurant or a place with these people since they will be gone in a matter of weeks. And then of course, for myself I too want to go to these places. But these places will not be so enjoyable without the right company. And the problem with people like me is, I don't just go out with anybody. I only go outwith people I know for a significantly long time. If I do go out with someone I barely know it's probably because I feel obliged to. Sad, yes. But it's because I pick my friends carefully. So if I call you to ask you out...HAHA...it's kind of a privilege. Because it means you've gained my confidence and I treat you as part of my inner circle.
Anyway, Saturday night's steamboat was warm and cosy. 5 of us crowded around a small table, eating sukiyaki and finishing up with Vienetta. It's really these small gatherings, doing something typically Asian that makes one feel happy and contented.
Yesterday I had my YAA meeting. The company is really hitting its stride now after a bit of a slow start as we struggled to learn how to conduct efficient meetings and uncomitted members (it's difficult when unlike in JC or work there are no factors to push one to succeed (like CCA points or being fired) except one's own motivation). Now I am involved in both the awards for Company of the Year and the Annual Company Report award and the progress of the company has given me renewed desire to work hard on trying to achieve these awards. Unfortunately due to uni timetable clashes, I can only make the last 30 mins of our weekly 2 hour meeting from next week onwards. But I figure it should still be okay. At least I get updated at the last 1/2 hour and I can still do lots of stuff outside of the meeting, like sales, and the reports. At least I don't have to do minutes any more, which is quite a dull activity.
And since uni starts next week I need to go get my notes today and start doing some skimming through. For all I know I may need my lecturers to be my referees for work in future or whatever. I am not really looking forward to studying again..but I'm trying to see it as possibly my last semester studying in Mel U, so I should errr...embrace it? *puke puke* :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home