On Earl.
"I noted a brief one-liner about Earl watching the news, funny I didn't realise till now."
That's quite funny Eileen. Read another way it's as if Earl came back from the dead and was watching the news. i.e. the one-liner was about Earl watching the news. Well that was how I first interpreted it and I was really confused about why people would be talking about Earl watching the news. I was thinking...hmm...maybe Tiger mentioned during a press conference that Earl liked to watch the news? HAHAHA.
I think Tiger will be fine. First of all Earl was sick for a long time and they had other close calls before. So it's not like it was completely unexpected. Tiger even flew across the country just to see Earl before one of his competitions started, then flew back for the competition, so he knew it was going to happen soon.
2ndly he's already gone to have a practice round at the site of the US Open so he's not SOOOO devastated that he can't get out of bed or something. And he held a clinic for kids there and talked about the importance to his Dad of giving back to society. So while he's grieving I'm sure, he's also taking it more like a moment to honour his father while he goes on with life. At least that's what it looks like. And as the press has been saying, and even I have been saying, the British Open always falls on Father's day Sunday, so what more appropriate time to get back into competition and maybe win to honour his dad? Okay...that's selfish me thinking 'cos I want Tiger to win. :P
Anyways behind on my study plan from yesterday. I have to work on tax deductions now. Then hopefully I will actually move on to Civil Litigation as planned, then Corporations law tonight.
Oh Eileen! Do you happen to know if there is a motel, housing, anything like w/n 5 min of the Perth international or domestic airports? My mum has to layover for one night and she needs to find a place nearby 'cos really she only has about 4 or 5 hours to sleep and she doesn't want to take a taxi to somewhere far. So she plans to SLEEP IN THE AIRPORT!!! I don't want her to do that!!!! *Grumble grumble*
That's quite funny Eileen. Read another way it's as if Earl came back from the dead and was watching the news. i.e. the one-liner was about Earl watching the news. Well that was how I first interpreted it and I was really confused about why people would be talking about Earl watching the news. I was thinking...hmm...maybe Tiger mentioned during a press conference that Earl liked to watch the news? HAHAHA.
I think Tiger will be fine. First of all Earl was sick for a long time and they had other close calls before. So it's not like it was completely unexpected. Tiger even flew across the country just to see Earl before one of his competitions started, then flew back for the competition, so he knew it was going to happen soon.
2ndly he's already gone to have a practice round at the site of the US Open so he's not SOOOO devastated that he can't get out of bed or something. And he held a clinic for kids there and talked about the importance to his Dad of giving back to society. So while he's grieving I'm sure, he's also taking it more like a moment to honour his father while he goes on with life. At least that's what it looks like. And as the press has been saying, and even I have been saying, the British Open always falls on Father's day Sunday, so what more appropriate time to get back into competition and maybe win to honour his dad? Okay...that's selfish me thinking 'cos I want Tiger to win. :P
Anyways behind on my study plan from yesterday. I have to work on tax deductions now. Then hopefully I will actually move on to Civil Litigation as planned, then Corporations law tonight.
Oh Eileen! Do you happen to know if there is a motel, housing, anything like w/n 5 min of the Perth international or domestic airports? My mum has to layover for one night and she needs to find a place nearby 'cos really she only has about 4 or 5 hours to sleep and she doesn't want to take a taxi to somewhere far. So she plans to SLEEP IN THE AIRPORT!!! I don't want her to do that!!!! *Grumble grumble*
1 Comments:
Marracoonda Motel
Phone: (08) 9277 7777
It's like 2 minutes from the domestic airport and 7 from the international airport (driving time).
I know it's there because it's just there when I turn out from picking Dirk up from the domestic airport.
I'll call them later and see what they say, but if you tell me which date/day, that might help.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home