Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Untitled

Eileen: Well yeah I guess so. Although not THAT much interesting stuff happens. I mean compared with college living it's hard to say that there's more new stuff happening in private housing than college.

Anyway, I've finally decided on the Uni of Texas, Austin. Took me such a freaking long time but there we go. I figured Virginia and Duke were going to be a bit like the Melbourne suburbs so I'd want something different. And it would be nice to be somewhere warm again. Plus from the stuff I've read up it's not warm in winter so it should be good for me 'cos I figure it's probably warmer than Melb but not hot like singapore. Except for summer, but I'll be done by then and travelling around America again! So doesn't matter. And also the fact that there is a city near the uni and the public transport is free and easy to use. This time I must pop by San Diego, Philly, Florida and then visit my relatives in Boston and Toronto (free housing!). And I will prob pop by NY one more time, after all it's nearby. How cool to see the same managers in the hostel I stayed at last time! Well...at least I think they'll still be there. They seemed like long term staff. And good old Whole Foods Stores. Apparently there are people who can stay there the whole day. SCARY. Definitely not going back to LA though. Whoever said LA was nice was so WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. I didn't like it. It's fine for maybe a few days, max a week. But not worth staying there long time. Unless you want to go drinking and pubbing. But definitely the people there are the most interesting (both in a good and bad sense)

Tomorrow I give my referees my forms and help them decide what to write by giving them my resume as well. I really want to go. Please let me. Please recommend me for exchange. It's only for one sem. Even if I mess up I only have one short sem to mess up. Can't be that bad. :P It's very seldom that I really want something, so please let this work out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home