Thoughts
That's alright Eileen. I'm not surprised you wouldn't have anything to say. I mean I've been doing all this research and I'm still all confused, so how could you know more if you haven't plowed through the info I have?
In any case I've decided to drop Boston College as my dreamed 1st option. Initially it sounded like the perfect place 'cos it seemed the city was lively enough and close to the uni, I have relatives there who I haven't seen since I was 7, ditto for relatives in Toronto which is really really close, and it's a 4h bus ride away from New York and near Philly which I want to visit. And at that time I thought there might be some way of getting the housing issue out of the way. But I got a response from the housing office there today and basically I am considered a grad student there EVEN for housing (damn it) so I have no chance at all to stay on-campus there. And the woman had to cheek to tell me that it was very competitive for exchange students to get into the law school there and I might consider doing undergrad law related courses instead. WTF? It's not like I can just go do undergrad subjects there even if I wanted to!!! I mean as a formal office administration person, if I didn't ask you about the competitiveness of getting into law school there, it's really not your business to tell me right? I only asked if I could get on-campus housing if I went there and that's all you should turn your mind to. How insulting! I'm not stupid you know. I know it's competitive. I'm a law student for goodness sakes, I live in an atmosphere of competition every damn day!
Anyways....*huff puff*...then I got a reply from a Mel U student who had been there for exchange before. And then I realised I didn't want to go there. Apparently there isn't much to do around the uni itself. And although the city is only about 35 min away, it's like Melbourne City. And I'm thinking UH UH. I'm not going to go on exchange to go somewhere like Mel. And I want a BIG city. Not a city that's Big but not too Big. And even then, what's most impt is to have stuff around the uni to do that's easy to access, if not, knowing myself, I'll just stay in my housing most of the time. I'm highly unlikely to go take public transport to go to the main city that often.
As for my relatives: well I can always go visit them after my exchange or in Spring break. So there. And of course I will have no housing problem, unless they don't actually want to provide me w/ housing then that's a completely different story. But I think we're not on such bad terms yeah? Besides I'm only going to these places because I want to see my relatives for fun. If they don't want to see me enough to provide me w/ housing then I don't want to see them anyway, and it's no loss if I don't see either place since I've already been to Toronto and Boston isn't that big a deal. Esp when I've already been to NYC.
So here we are, back to my initial 3 choices BEFORE finding out I could go Boston College: Uni Virginia, Duke Uni and Texas, Austin. Still leaning towards Texas Austin but more research preferred.
Eileen: yeah yeah! You can send me $100 for service and postage fees and I'll send you the yams. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
In any case I've decided to drop Boston College as my dreamed 1st option. Initially it sounded like the perfect place 'cos it seemed the city was lively enough and close to the uni, I have relatives there who I haven't seen since I was 7, ditto for relatives in Toronto which is really really close, and it's a 4h bus ride away from New York and near Philly which I want to visit. And at that time I thought there might be some way of getting the housing issue out of the way. But I got a response from the housing office there today and basically I am considered a grad student there EVEN for housing (damn it) so I have no chance at all to stay on-campus there. And the woman had to cheek to tell me that it was very competitive for exchange students to get into the law school there and I might consider doing undergrad law related courses instead. WTF? It's not like I can just go do undergrad subjects there even if I wanted to!!! I mean as a formal office administration person, if I didn't ask you about the competitiveness of getting into law school there, it's really not your business to tell me right? I only asked if I could get on-campus housing if I went there and that's all you should turn your mind to. How insulting! I'm not stupid you know. I know it's competitive. I'm a law student for goodness sakes, I live in an atmosphere of competition every damn day!
Anyways....*huff puff*...then I got a reply from a Mel U student who had been there for exchange before. And then I realised I didn't want to go there. Apparently there isn't much to do around the uni itself. And although the city is only about 35 min away, it's like Melbourne City. And I'm thinking UH UH. I'm not going to go on exchange to go somewhere like Mel. And I want a BIG city. Not a city that's Big but not too Big. And even then, what's most impt is to have stuff around the uni to do that's easy to access, if not, knowing myself, I'll just stay in my housing most of the time. I'm highly unlikely to go take public transport to go to the main city that often.
As for my relatives: well I can always go visit them after my exchange or in Spring break. So there. And of course I will have no housing problem, unless they don't actually want to provide me w/ housing then that's a completely different story. But I think we're not on such bad terms yeah? Besides I'm only going to these places because I want to see my relatives for fun. If they don't want to see me enough to provide me w/ housing then I don't want to see them anyway, and it's no loss if I don't see either place since I've already been to Toronto and Boston isn't that big a deal. Esp when I've already been to NYC.
So here we are, back to my initial 3 choices BEFORE finding out I could go Boston College: Uni Virginia, Duke Uni and Texas, Austin. Still leaning towards Texas Austin but more research preferred.
Eileen: yeah yeah! You can send me $100 for service and postage fees and I'll send you the yams. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

1 Comments:
grandma go texas and provide me with housing.. haha.. it's cool cos it's one of usa's oldest cities
-sq14
Post a Comment
<< Home