Trapped in my room.
My housemate is doing some Christian gathering thing. That's not the reason why I'm trapped in my room. As in, it's not because the people outside are Christians. I just don't want to have to go out now and say hello to people I don't care about and make small talk and give them friendly smiles. Esp since I've already bathed and I'm in my jammies (jammy's? whatever).
I've gone through every single blog I have (but only once KT I'm not that bad yet!!!! :P) and I went through them pretty fast 'cos few people have updated their blogs.
Today I got some good news from the law exchange lady. It looks like there is a good chance to go to the US. Now I just have to make sure I keep at least a 70 average. Given I found out just about a week ago that I went WAY WAY off on one of my assignments...my knees are kind of knocking right now. I don't know why. This is one of the most important semesters for me in terms of having to do well to achieve something that I, for once, actually want really badly, and yet I haven't been able to concentrate. I feel that from the start of the semester I've already been lethargic, which is surprising because i usually come back feeling really fresh and ready to dissect the piles of readings (or at least I'm able to fool myself into thinking that's what I want to do).
Well hopefully the lecturer figures that whatever I wrote in my assignment is still worthy of something. Maybe she'll think it's original (yeah right...original in the sense i didn't cover the key points ARGH!)? I can only hope. 'cos if I fail/just pass it...shit...I'll have to do really well in the exam to get a 70 overall.
Argh. I know it's really short sighted of me. That I should want to do well because it's good for getting articles, and well, to get any job really, but I'm only focussing on the exchange. It's like I don't care about my uni studies anymore and I just want to move on to the next stage of my life. And since my average is pretty decent atm, it would be good if I didn't have to work hard to make sure it at least keeps at this level. And the only way to do that is to GRADUATE ALREADY!!!! ARGH.
Anyway I realise something. One of the unis I'm looking at is in Durham and for my Evidence subject last year we followed the case of this guy called Michael Paterson (Peterson? Ah...whatever...humbug!). Anyway he was convicted of killing his wife by pushing her down the stairs and if I recall correctly, it was in Durham that that happened. Alternatively, my memory might have completely failed me but I'm too lazy to go online to double check. Not that murders don't happen everywhere in the world, but somehow just knowing someone was murdered there makes me feel just a teensy weensy little bit less comfortable, esp since the area is a little more hill, air, fresh green grass and car-requiring. Not to mention the same guy was suspected of killing another woman in Germany by pushing her down the stairs too!!! Creepy.
But guess what..again if memory serves me well, they could not introduce this evidence into the later case. Which has thought me to be very very wary of all cases I hear about in the news now. Like the Australian vietnamese guy who was hanged in Singapore. I mean we heard the whole sob story about how he was trying to save his brother and all. And how in the world could the courts still hang him? But really, maybe that story wasn't the one that was introduced to the court in the end. Maybe there wasn't enough evidence to prove it was true so that it could mitigate his sentence. Personally I don't think he should have been hanged even if the saving his brother was not true. But my point is you really don't know what evidence they looked at in court unless well...you were actually sitting through the entire trial and i certainly couldn't have been there, being here in Oceania.
Not that the evidence they choose to leave out/in is correctly decided upon but if we judge the outcome just based on what evidence they did take into account, then I really can't say that they were wrong in being so harsh since they may have only had the key facts of: he brought in a whole damn load of drugs. Then again if he did then I would be inclined to think he was really an amateur and not some cold hard drug trafficker, w/h brings me back to my point that I certainly wouldn't have hanged him. I'm not even sure I would hang the king pin of the underground drug world not to mention a tiny little fella at the bottom of the hierarchy, feeding off the phytoplankton (if not the phytoplankton itself).
Okay...I don't even know why I'm blogging this out of the blue. Desperately trying to clutch at straws until I can go out and get a snack from the kitchen.
Oooh ooh! I'm gonna read schindler's ark. Did you guys know that Schindler's list the movie is actually called Schindler's Ark the book? Okay...maybe you did. I sure didn't. :P
Reluctantly signing off and wondering at the same time how people can talk about God for 2h and 30 min and still be going strong. *yawn*
Edit:
Is everyone dead?
It's suddenly gone eeriely quiet outside. I think someone, just one person, might be praying but I'm not sure. It could just be the typical sounds of an apartment when quiet. But it's creepy given that just now there was the constant murmurings of people having a discussion.
I'm sure I would have heard people leave if they left.
Okay I'm sure it is someone speaking. Maybe if I'm really lucky they're finishing up by each making an individual prayer! *hopes*
My housemate is doing some Christian gathering thing. That's not the reason why I'm trapped in my room. As in, it's not because the people outside are Christians. I just don't want to have to go out now and say hello to people I don't care about and make small talk and give them friendly smiles. Esp since I've already bathed and I'm in my jammies (jammy's? whatever).
I've gone through every single blog I have (but only once KT I'm not that bad yet!!!! :P) and I went through them pretty fast 'cos few people have updated their blogs.
Today I got some good news from the law exchange lady. It looks like there is a good chance to go to the US. Now I just have to make sure I keep at least a 70 average. Given I found out just about a week ago that I went WAY WAY off on one of my assignments...my knees are kind of knocking right now. I don't know why. This is one of the most important semesters for me in terms of having to do well to achieve something that I, for once, actually want really badly, and yet I haven't been able to concentrate. I feel that from the start of the semester I've already been lethargic, which is surprising because i usually come back feeling really fresh and ready to dissect the piles of readings (or at least I'm able to fool myself into thinking that's what I want to do).
Well hopefully the lecturer figures that whatever I wrote in my assignment is still worthy of something. Maybe she'll think it's original (yeah right...original in the sense i didn't cover the key points ARGH!)? I can only hope. 'cos if I fail/just pass it...shit...I'll have to do really well in the exam to get a 70 overall.
Argh. I know it's really short sighted of me. That I should want to do well because it's good for getting articles, and well, to get any job really, but I'm only focussing on the exchange. It's like I don't care about my uni studies anymore and I just want to move on to the next stage of my life. And since my average is pretty decent atm, it would be good if I didn't have to work hard to make sure it at least keeps at this level. And the only way to do that is to GRADUATE ALREADY!!!! ARGH.
Anyway I realise something. One of the unis I'm looking at is in Durham and for my Evidence subject last year we followed the case of this guy called Michael Paterson (Peterson? Ah...whatever...humbug!). Anyway he was convicted of killing his wife by pushing her down the stairs and if I recall correctly, it was in Durham that that happened. Alternatively, my memory might have completely failed me but I'm too lazy to go online to double check. Not that murders don't happen everywhere in the world, but somehow just knowing someone was murdered there makes me feel just a teensy weensy little bit less comfortable, esp since the area is a little more hill, air, fresh green grass and car-requiring. Not to mention the same guy was suspected of killing another woman in Germany by pushing her down the stairs too!!! Creepy.
But guess what..again if memory serves me well, they could not introduce this evidence into the later case. Which has thought me to be very very wary of all cases I hear about in the news now. Like the Australian vietnamese guy who was hanged in Singapore. I mean we heard the whole sob story about how he was trying to save his brother and all. And how in the world could the courts still hang him? But really, maybe that story wasn't the one that was introduced to the court in the end. Maybe there wasn't enough evidence to prove it was true so that it could mitigate his sentence. Personally I don't think he should have been hanged even if the saving his brother was not true. But my point is you really don't know what evidence they looked at in court unless well...you were actually sitting through the entire trial and i certainly couldn't have been there, being here in Oceania.
Not that the evidence they choose to leave out/in is correctly decided upon but if we judge the outcome just based on what evidence they did take into account, then I really can't say that they were wrong in being so harsh since they may have only had the key facts of: he brought in a whole damn load of drugs. Then again if he did then I would be inclined to think he was really an amateur and not some cold hard drug trafficker, w/h brings me back to my point that I certainly wouldn't have hanged him. I'm not even sure I would hang the king pin of the underground drug world not to mention a tiny little fella at the bottom of the hierarchy, feeding off the phytoplankton (if not the phytoplankton itself).
Okay...I don't even know why I'm blogging this out of the blue. Desperately trying to clutch at straws until I can go out and get a snack from the kitchen.
Oooh ooh! I'm gonna read schindler's ark. Did you guys know that Schindler's list the movie is actually called Schindler's Ark the book? Okay...maybe you did. I sure didn't. :P
Reluctantly signing off and wondering at the same time how people can talk about God for 2h and 30 min and still be going strong. *yawn*
Edit:
Is everyone dead?
It's suddenly gone eeriely quiet outside. I think someone, just one person, might be praying but I'm not sure. It could just be the typical sounds of an apartment when quiet. But it's creepy given that just now there was the constant murmurings of people having a discussion.
I'm sure I would have heard people leave if they left.
Okay I'm sure it is someone speaking. Maybe if I'm really lucky they're finishing up by each making an individual prayer! *hopes*

2 Comments:
I think Jamin? lent me Schindler's List (the novel) that was based on the movie [and I got so damn bored reading it, especially when it got technical). BUT the movie is way up there in my favourites list, and I'm glad I gave the movie a chance after my half-hearted attempt at the book so many years ago. :)
And now you tell me the movie was based on a book. Hm. So odd. How very odd.
Why is it odd? Probably the book you read is the same Schindler's Ark but renamed. Unless it's a rewritten version to mirror the screenplay but I doubt it. Never heard of such a thing happening before.
Besides it's quite similar. Just the order of things mainly are different.
Post a Comment
<< Home