Saturday, April 22, 2006

On lesbian chickens and giants

Hey Justin! First time you've ever commented! I didn't even know you read my blog. Cool!

On the lesbian chicken: I was wondering about fowl play myself actually (pun SOOOO intended). But then if you wanted to make a chicken more productive wouldn't you inject more female hormones? I mean testosterone wouldn't cause it to lay more eggs or fatten it up. In fact it would lay less eggs and become too muscular to be eaten. Yes no?

Anyway here I am doing my taxation assignment no. 2. Not too bad so far. Unlike the theoretical assignment last month this is a hypothetical, far easier. Phew! But still slow nonetheless because it is still work and I'm constantly distracted by nothing else any more meaningful really. Although I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Borders later. For people who read Ender's game and the whole series, the latest book in the parallel story from Bean's point of view is out. I believe it is called Giant something or another. My mum told me to go buy it but given that Orson S. Card writes quite simply I would probably devour it in 1 day and then I would feel my money was completely wasted, especially since I don't tend to reread books and I must say I only read this series because of loyalty to 'Ender's Game'. I mean this series is a far cry from the original one. Quite cardboard writing if you ask me.

After a nice 1 week mid sem break uni starts on Monday. I'm quite looking forward to it actually. Not because I want to have class and piles of info thrown at me again, but I do feel lethargic during the holidays when I don't have a set purpose and schedule of things to do.

Ahh....okay....work beckons.

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

LoL...Yeah i do read ur blog, just that i'm usually too lazy to comment. But now that its the exams, AND considering that its more of a chore studying, commenting's THE better choice...haha.

On the lesbian chicken: er...human error? wanted to inject female hormones (wad's the correct term aniway? like male hormones are testosterone, female=?), but picked up the wrong syringe or smtg. haha, so many possibilities. How abt sabotage from a neighbour jealous of the productive hen? LOL

3:35 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

1. 'Morphodite!'
2. Fowl play
3. I believe the broad term you're looking for Justin is 'oestrogen' and I should know this but other female hormone 'progesterone' wouldn't be helpful at all?

With beef cattle, they do actually give testosterone to cows and oestrogen to bulls. It reduces fool-hardiness and blokiness factor in the boys, and less fatty girls, with the consequence of not too tough/fatty meat.

Funny. I'm avoiding fronting up to my exam tomorrow, which is why I'm reading rainbow's blog too. Heheh.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home