Mistreatment of male chicks
For those who noticed it before, sorry for the multiple repeated postings. Blogger is cranking up on me.
Eileen: AGGGGGHHHH!!!! Sounds so TERRIBLE!!!!!! I suppose it's not true everywhere but given the other horrible things that are done to animals, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the truth of things. But imagine those cute chicks. *cheep cheep*
Makes me feel guilty about eating chicken. But errr...not enough to go vegetarian sorry Eileen. I don't think I'd actually have a psychological problem not eating meat 'cos I like veggies and vegetarian food. But I think physically I really need it. I've gone eating just veggies and chicken before and I get very fatigued very soon. I suppose if I knew how to eat a balanced vegetarian diet that wouldn't happen. But I'm not going to bother to figure out how to do that. So anyway I figure if I can't even eat just chicken, how can I not eat meat at all? And it's not like I can say, I'll just not eat chicken and eat only pork/beef, because undoubtedly, there will be some horror stories (and likely true) of the way cows and pigs are treated too!
But I can't believe that in this day and age, they would allow animals to be treated that way in America. I mean we're not talking about some 3rd world country here (in fact if it were a 3rd world country they probably wouldn't waste the male chicks anyway. I mean just a little meat is still meat. This makes me think of the income effect (taxation) w/h you guys should ignore because this is completely out of point.)
Eileen: AGGGGGHHHH!!!! Sounds so TERRIBLE!!!!!! I suppose it's not true everywhere but given the other horrible things that are done to animals, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the truth of things. But imagine those cute chicks. *cheep cheep*
Makes me feel guilty about eating chicken. But errr...not enough to go vegetarian sorry Eileen. I don't think I'd actually have a psychological problem not eating meat 'cos I like veggies and vegetarian food. But I think physically I really need it. I've gone eating just veggies and chicken before and I get very fatigued very soon. I suppose if I knew how to eat a balanced vegetarian diet that wouldn't happen. But I'm not going to bother to figure out how to do that. So anyway I figure if I can't even eat just chicken, how can I not eat meat at all? And it's not like I can say, I'll just not eat chicken and eat only pork/beef, because undoubtedly, there will be some horror stories (and likely true) of the way cows and pigs are treated too!
But I can't believe that in this day and age, they would allow animals to be treated that way in America. I mean we're not talking about some 3rd world country here (in fact if it were a 3rd world country they probably wouldn't waste the male chicks anyway. I mean just a little meat is still meat. This makes me think of the income effect (taxation) w/h you guys should ignore because this is completely out of point.)

1 Comments:
You're alright. :) There are constant changes in place that advance the welfare of animals (all the way till slaughtering). Many conditions are in place to ensure the animals are stressed as little as possible all the way to their stunning and electrocution - in Australia at least.
And the male chicks thing is only an issue with egg-laying chicken varieties. The stuff you're eating is meat chicken anyway, so :) *CHEEP*
Post a Comment
<< Home