Stress
Suddenly there is so much to do. Where did these things all come from?
Oh right...it was all self-inflicted. I should stop packing so much in one day.
Went for dinner last night and had rice with beef and side dishes. The interesting thing about the restaurant is it is actually a tea shop and its meals are all tea-flavoured. So the beef was puh-er (sp?) flavoured. Not too bad. Not too strong, I guess that's why I could take it.
Found out that a law mate managed to make the top 10% of the cohort with a much lower grade than I expected, which makes it quite promising that I will make the top 30% after all. Not that it makes that much of a difference since I still am straying away from a legal career, but it's nice to know. The unfair thing is it is supposed to be a lot easier to make the top 30% in other universities like Monash. I mean...the Singapore legal requirement just doesn't make sense then! At that rate it would encourge Singaporeans who come to Australia to go to universities of lower standard and they would make it to the DipSing, but not for students who go to better unis.
Anyway, also went for the mock interview session thing I mentioned and that was a little bit useful. Useful enough that it was worth dropping by, but not so fantastic that I was blown over by new ideas. But at least I did learn some things. Also met this Chinese girl and it's quite shocking how some people really have no concept of how to make themselves sound good in an interview. I mean one does not necessarily have natural skills to make oneself sound fantastic during an interview but I would have thought that there is a basic level of ability to use experiences you have and draw out the skills you learnt from these experiences.
For example, she said she worked in a sale position. So I asked her, according to the questions we were given to go through, what she learnt from her job and what she liked most about it? And she told me the details of what she did, like helping customers get clothes, and how her boss often left her alone in the shop and she liked it when her boss was not around because she felt less stressed. And I was like...errr....I would NOT tell a potention employer that I didn't want them around because they stressed me out. Is it not plainly obvious that at the most basic level you wouldn't tell someone that? That it would be better in that circumstance to just err on the side of not saying enough. Not to mention I would have completely changed the answer and said, I'm able to accurately identify a customer's wants and recommend to them the clothes that suit their needs and according to the image they want to create, and I am able to work independently, as exampled by my employer often being absent from the shop, yet I am able to keep the shop running smoothly. But like I said, I get it if you can't make it sound good...but certainly you'd know how NOT to make it sound bad. RIGHT????
Oh right...it was all self-inflicted. I should stop packing so much in one day.
Went for dinner last night and had rice with beef and side dishes. The interesting thing about the restaurant is it is actually a tea shop and its meals are all tea-flavoured. So the beef was puh-er (sp?) flavoured. Not too bad. Not too strong, I guess that's why I could take it.
Found out that a law mate managed to make the top 10% of the cohort with a much lower grade than I expected, which makes it quite promising that I will make the top 30% after all. Not that it makes that much of a difference since I still am straying away from a legal career, but it's nice to know. The unfair thing is it is supposed to be a lot easier to make the top 30% in other universities like Monash. I mean...the Singapore legal requirement just doesn't make sense then! At that rate it would encourge Singaporeans who come to Australia to go to universities of lower standard and they would make it to the DipSing, but not for students who go to better unis.
Anyway, also went for the mock interview session thing I mentioned and that was a little bit useful. Useful enough that it was worth dropping by, but not so fantastic that I was blown over by new ideas. But at least I did learn some things. Also met this Chinese girl and it's quite shocking how some people really have no concept of how to make themselves sound good in an interview. I mean one does not necessarily have natural skills to make oneself sound fantastic during an interview but I would have thought that there is a basic level of ability to use experiences you have and draw out the skills you learnt from these experiences.
For example, she said she worked in a sale position. So I asked her, according to the questions we were given to go through, what she learnt from her job and what she liked most about it? And she told me the details of what she did, like helping customers get clothes, and how her boss often left her alone in the shop and she liked it when her boss was not around because she felt less stressed. And I was like...errr....I would NOT tell a potention employer that I didn't want them around because they stressed me out. Is it not plainly obvious that at the most basic level you wouldn't tell someone that? That it would be better in that circumstance to just err on the side of not saying enough. Not to mention I would have completely changed the answer and said, I'm able to accurately identify a customer's wants and recommend to them the clothes that suit their needs and according to the image they want to create, and I am able to work independently, as exampled by my employer often being absent from the shop, yet I am able to keep the shop running smoothly. But like I said, I get it if you can't make it sound good...but certainly you'd know how NOT to make it sound bad. RIGHT????
2 Comments:
Heh...Maybe she's just really, REALLY honest...
haha guess she's just speaking whatever's on her mind
yep i'm still in america, kinda planning my touring now hehe.. so fun
Post a Comment
<< Home